About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Host/Hostess Gift Ideas

Tis' the season for holiday parties right? Well, since we're all in the gift giving time of year, you can't leave out the host! There are other things out there besides wine and chocolates.....seriously. I know, I know....a last minute bottle of bubbly or a quick trip to the local drug store is the fastest and easiest way some of us get away with getting our hostess gifts. I am definitely guilty of that myself. However, if you have a little more time than the 15 minutes before you are attending a party, I have some thoughtful gift ideas that will really show your party host or hostess that you appreciate the invite and all the hard work that goes into throwing a party....and can accompany that last minute bottle of wine and box of chocolates.

 I always like to accompany a nice bottle of wine with a monogrammed wine stopper. I am one of those people who likes to give gifts that go together. Wine stoppers with wine...wine charms with wine...a candy dish with some nice chocolates...you get the picture. These are some nice ones that come in a nice box. They have an etched capital letter on a square crystal topper.
Bed Bath and Beyond

 
I absolutely love Williams-Sonoma hand soaps and lotions! These seasonal ones are great...and for a holiday gathering, I like to stay within the theme and get a scent of the season rather than from the regular line of fragrances. It makes the gift a little more special I think. 


 This is an absolute FAVORITE of mine for the kids. Sometimes instead of giving a gift for the hosts, I like to bring something fun for their children. This is a gift that I bought several of this year for my friend's children. It's a snowman kit....minus the snow of course. It comes with a hat, scarf, eyes, a carrot nose, buttons...everything you need to accessorize a snowman! No need to scurry around and find odd accessories for Frosty...the kit has everything you need and it's all stored in the box for use year after year! I love this gift!
 Bronner's

These are the accessories
 Another cute idea is this kit of "The 12 Coffees of Christmas." An assortment of different flavors. Great for the coffee drinkers!
Bed Bath and Beyond
 Of course something special for the grill masters out there as well. A trio of grilling sauces to use with their favorite meats is always a winner with the men of the house.
Bed Bath and Beyond
These are some of my favorite gifts to give. Do you have anything special that you like to bring to a host or hostess?

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment