About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where do you fit in with Social Media?

I read an interesting article the other day that made me think. In today's day an age there are so many ways to stay connected with the world around us and with the people in our lives. We have smart phones, email, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Foursquare...just to name a few. However, do we rely too heavily on social media and texting to reach out to those around us? I mean, sometimes I find myself thinking that it's so much easier to just text someone or email them instead of actually calling them on the phone. I especially think twice about this when I get the comments from my mom saying that contacting someone via email or text is not the right way to reach out to them. I tend to agree with where she is coming from. Do any of you agree? It's sad to say it, but this is where technology has taken us. We have become a society where we are sort of shying away from person to person contact. This is a scary thing. I know that social media is here and it's here to stay, but is it really enhancing our lives, or taking away from us? What are you thoughts if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment