About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Monday, November 1, 2010

The End of October

 Happy November 1st everyone! I am excited to get into Thanksgiving and Christmas mode.....but I had to add a few last photos from my end of October!
 The last clippings from the garden in a black bucket on the front porch.
 A "welcome" pumpkin that I found at a local "good stuff cheap" shop...It was originally a washed out yellow. I just painted it a copper color that I had in my craft box and it looks much better against my tan house.

 These are the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkins that I carved. I let them dry out and spiced them up...then I baked them and we had a nice snack after our trick-or-treating excursion....slightly sweet and slightly spicy!
 Of course....dark chocolate mini cupcakes with orange frosting and chocolate sprinkles. A staple in our household on Halloween. As if we need more sweets, but it wouldn't feel right to me if it were a holiday and I didn't bake something...it's strange, but it just has to be done.
And what a way to end the day after trick-or-treating....a nice hearty bowl of spicy minestrone soup! Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment