About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Tree

Hello Everyone! I hope your day is going well. I’m doing great…just plugging away with my Christmas shopping and wrapping, and checking things off my never ending “to do” list!
Today I wanted to share my Christmas tree with you. I am going to be linking up to a few parties as well. 
Well, it started out like this at the Tree farm…that’s my hubby cutting it down. We’ve made it a tradition to cut our tree down for a while now. The kids love to get on the big tractor and drink hot cocoa, and then they really enjoy running around and picking their favorite tree. Fun times for all!
Blog photos 005
The even better part for me of course is the decorating! I never can wait, so immediately after we get home with the tree, we get it into the great room and I waste no time with the decorating.
I am really happy with the way the tree came out this year. I’ve always had a base of silver, gold, white and crystal ornaments. Each year I add a different color element to make the tree special. This year I added chartreuse green and a few hints of bronze. I always like to add some natural elements too, so I stuck in some birch branches that I got from my backyard.
Blog photos 001Blog photos 002Blog photos 003Blog photos 004Blog photos 005Blog photos 006Blog photos 007Blog photos 008Blog photos 009Blog photos 010Blog photos 011Blog photos 012Blog photos 013
Sometimes our elf “Jolly” likes to hide in the tree!
Blog photos 022image

Linking up with Meagan at Honey We're Home



Have a great day!!! 

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment