About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Vignette


Hi everyone…today I am back to link up a holiday vignette over at A Thoughtful Place with Courtney.
I haven’t completed all of my holiday décor just yet, but I’ve managed to get some vignettes together in time for the party.
These reindeer I’ve had forever and they have evolved over time. They are paper mache. They used to be natural and I sprayed them gold. That last a few years, and last year I sprayed them silver. I added a clear bead for eyes. I hot glued some faux greenery on the backs of the large ones and added some pinecones that I flocked, and silver and green ornaments and a green ribbon. I love my little reindeer “family.”
Blog photos 003Blog photos 004Blog photos 005
Blog photos 006
This is a Christmas tree that is on the other side of the fireplace opposite the reindeer. I have a thing for Christmas trees and have quite a collection. I have a mini one in almost every room in the house including my kids’ rooms! I can’t wait to show you all of them when I do my Holiday home tour.
Blog photos 007
This is my coffee table. I love these small mint julep silver vases that I have. I’ve just filled them with pinecones, faux greens and branches. There is always the dilemma of faux or real. I like both. I use more real arrangements is pots outside which last well into January in the cool weather. As we get closer to Christmas and my annual holiday party, I will incorporate more real arrangements in the house.
Blog photos 008

A clear vase filled with ornaments is always a winner…really easy and effortless. This twig reindeer is a new purchase this year. I love the rustic look incorporated with the glitzy ornaments.

Blog photos 009Blog photos 010
Happy December 1st! I can’t believe how time is flying! Christmas is only 24 days away!!!
image

Gina

7 comments:

  1. love the silvers and greens! last year i did ornaments in a jar, and now i'll do them again this year. just a great way to bring in color and be festive, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely color combination...love the silvers and greens. visiting from A Thoughtful Place, following you now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the other commenters - I really like the colour combination. I integrated a little green in my place this year too but we are still mostly red and silver people :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I am using green as the accent this year too and just love it. Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of silver and white! I left a comment on a previous post a few minutes ago for your pecan pie squares but not sure if you go back and check the older posts! THey look so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete