About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dreaming of adding a splash of color!

So now that the holidays are over I've been starting to tackle some projects around here. It seems as though the list just keeps getting longer. I know that you can all relate to that. Today I did some furniture rearranging. I do that often. I like change and I like to try different pieces in different rooms to try and maximize the functionality and an overall aesthetic of my rooms. I have a few project in the works that I hope to share soon. 
For now I wanted to share my new inspiration for the master bedroom. I have dark espresso furniture, light gray walls, dark charcoal drapes and currently a white duvet on my bed. I was hoping to infuse a little splash of color with some yellow accents. 
I got some great inspiration from the following photos.

S
 I love the pattern on these chairs...I definitely want to us a graphic pattern somewhere in the room.

 I love how the above photos have such dramatic pieces. What a great tufted sofa. I have a four poster bed also, and I can totally picture myself curled up in bed at night with a canopy of box-pleated fabric behind me. It seems like a huge undertaking, but the more I see it, the more I like it...who knows...we'll see what I decide to do. I love the look though!
Well...I have lots of decisions to make...and more inspirations to gather! 
Are you planning a change in any of the rooms in your home?

I'll keep you posted on my progress. See you soon!

Gina

1 comment: