About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The "To do" LIST for 2011

Hello...

I have been thinking a lot lately about what I would like to accomplish this year. However, I have been getting busier with my work commitments and haven't had as much time to dedicate to "the list." Even though the list is all in my head, I HAVE to put it down on screen or paper in order to have it stare me in the face. So here goes:

THE HOME: There are several projects I would like to accomplish here which include:

1. Painting my kitchen with a fresh coat of paint, a little lighter than what I have now.
2. Painting my family room with a fresh coat of paint and changing the window treatments.
3. Painting the guest bath/laundry room.
4. Installing some built-ins for storage in our finished walk-up attic and replacing the light fixtures.
5. Finishing my master bedroom refresh. I had shared some inspiring ideas in an earlier post.
6. Finishing my office. I still need to finish the chair I am adding to the room and sew a pillow for it.
7. I organized my basement storage area after putting back all the Christmas stuff, and I separated out some things that I want to donate, sell, throw out, etc...I need to address all those things and get them out of my storage area asap because they are taking up valuable space.

WORK:

1. I need to build on my skills and work towards the sales goals I have set for myself.
2. I want to find a way to incorporate my career with more of my interests so I can have that balance that I need and want.  (Real Estate and Blogging together...who knows?)
3. I need to find more hours in the day to do all of these thing....who am I kidding?

FAMILY

1. I would like to find more things that we could do together as a family.
2. Plan our vacation.
3. Take it easy and have fun. No pressure!

So, in a nutshell, those are the three things that matter the most to me....in backwards order though...Family first, then work, then the house.
I hope that I can tackle all of these things and then some. I think that this is a good jumping off point for me. I know that when I look at this list a year from now, I probably will have accomplished more, but I always want to start with a modest number. Sometimes when we set the bar too high, and don't reach it, it discourages us. I would rather accomplish all the things on the list and then some, instead of trying to do too much and not even attaining half. But that's just me.

Talk soon!

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment