About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cappuccino Time

So, I've set my table for an afternoon cappuccino with some friends. As I was setting my table though, I felt as though something was missing. Ever feel that way when you're decorating? I seldom get it on the first try. I always try things various different ways before I am satisfied with how something looks.
I didn't go overboard with too many things on the table. A medium size blue plate underneath a small crystal dish. A simply folded napkin under the plate, small fork and spoon, cup and saucer, and a small water glass. It looks a little bare though doesn't it?
Then I remembered that I had some green bamboo placemats and then the setting felt complete!

Better right? I do a lot of "editing" when I'm designing any room or planning any table setting. I always start with a lot and edit out what is considered "too much." But sometimes it's the opposite when there just isn't enough and then I'm searching around the house trying to find that perfect complement to whatever it is that I'm trying to accomplish.
It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the placemats are a pretty green, and they really allow the blue to pop...it feels springy. I love it!
The rest of the photos show how the tablescape evolved with candles, and a nice pedestal plate with grapes on it as the centerpiece. I've said this before, and I'll stand by it...there is nothing more simple and easy than using natural elements already on hand to create a great centerpiece. I always use fresh fruit, or when in season, flowers from the garden to decorate with. My third alternative is candles. I always have tea lights on hand.





So that's my simple "cappuccino time" table setting. I am going to be linking up to Between Naps on the Porch.







Until Next time!
Gina

5 comments:

  1. Your grapes photo drew me to your blog! I LOVE grapes and like to add them to lots of my recipes, especially salads. And I must mention that "Cappuccino Time" also got my attention as I love cappuccino! I'm your new follower and would love to have you visit my blogs, too. Happy Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that less is best but somehow I am a "maximumist" and cannot help myself....however, you have shown me that less on the table is fantastic. I love the white pedestal with the grapes....very eye appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tablescape!
    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina,
    NIce to meet you here in blogland, this is my first visit. What a simple yet elegant table.
    Love the grapes on the cake plate, very pretty.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely blue, and the crystal plates are lovely. The addition of the placemats was the perfect finishing touch on your table. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete