About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heart Wreath

I'm not usually big on Valentine's decor...but, I've been seeing a lot of inspiring projects out there in blog land and I couldn't help but pull something together for my front door. I started out with some wire hangers from the cleaners. I bent them into the shape of a heart. My initial thought was to do something with three interlocking hearts, or something like that, but I changed my mind and only did the one.

Next, I twisted some floral vines that I had in the basement around the heart form. These were actually sort of grapevine looking, with leaves and little purple and green clusters. 
 Once this was done, I used a wire cutter to clip off all the leaves.


 This is what it looks like without the leaves. Not bad, but I didn't want to keep in it's current state because the colors were all wrong. I decided to spray it silver with a metallic paint.
 After I sprayed it all over, front and back...I let it dry and then I tied a silver ribbon to it. Not bad. I like how it turned out. It didn't cost me anything because I used things I already had on hand, and now I can say that I have one Valentine's Day decoration in my home...:)
Now the Love is the Air! Can you feel it?

Have great day!

Gina





No comments:

Post a Comment