About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Master Bedroom Reveal

A few weeks ago I talked about how I wanted to give my master bedroom a face lift with a new color scheme. So, it's finally done. There still are a few pieces that are on my wish list.....a chair perhaps, and some over sized black and white photos of the kids as artwork. I have been fighting with my husband about a cute chandelier about the foot of the bed where there is currently a wall mount. He wants a...I can't even say it....a.....fan! I know..a crime in my opinion for a master bedroom, but I think that I'll eventually win the battle when I just buy it and install it without him knowing. He may not even notice it!

The walls are painted with Benjamin Moore paint. The colors is called Bunny Gray. The duvet set was a Home Goods find..it's white with the black stripe detail all around. The bedside lamps are also from Home Goods...the shades also have a black strip detail. The black and white pillows are also a Home Goods find. The two center pillows were made by me. I wanted to add some more color...accenting gray, white and yellow.


 I love bringing in some flowers in the bedroom to add some romance. I also wanted to pickup the yellow stripe in the pillow.
 A simple glass dish on my mirrored night stand is a great place to place jewelry or my watch at the end of the night before crawling into bed.

 Loving the yellow! It feels like Spring already in here!

 Some white accents also keep the room light and airy. Since all my furniture is espresso or black, I wanted the light accessories to balance the room.

I love mirrored pieces. I love that they sparkle and that the light reflects off of them throughout the day and even at night if we light a few candles. This jewelry box is one of my favorites. A large piece of coral found on the beach while vacationing in Greece is a treasured memento that I hold dear to me.

I have the majority of this room complete, except those wish list additions I mentioned. I'll post any new finds as I add them in the room.

Have a great day!

Gina

8 comments:

  1. i love this! i have all black furniture and i have been trying to figure out how to make the room look lighter and brigher. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love your style - JenT

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just painted our room gray as weel and I love it, its so fresh! I love what you did with yours and love the yellow flower you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that fabric on the pillows, any idea what it's called? I think I could use that for some pillows in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is stunning! I love the gray on the walls and those lamps are gorgeous.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful room with lovely colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! just love that fabric on the pillows, is it a mini imperial trellis? where might I find it?

    ReplyDelete