About this Blog

This blog is about all things that happen in my New England home and garden....if you are interested in decorating, gardening, cooking and entertaining...then follow me here to get inspired and get creative.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What goes down, must come up

Ever have a day when you feel like this? Yeah...this is me today! Just thought I'd share because I know that a lot of you out there can relate. We all have days when we feel overwhelmed and sometimes we just need to let it out and share how we feel so we can feel better. For me, it's about work, responsibilities at home, people in my life, the weather....I'm all over the map. There always seems to be a fine line between what I need to do and what I want to do....and lately I feel as though there are so many things that I want to do and accomplish, but I keep getting bombarded with all these other expectations of me. Do you feel me?

My purpose isn't to be a pessimist and bring anyone down with any negativity, but I feel as though talking through feelings or better yet, writing them down really helps me to get through things that I'm going through. I'm actually feeling a lot better as I write this post. I'm reminded of the fact that life is too short to be angry or stressed out all the time. Sometimes things have to take their course to get better, and we should try to find the positives in all situations whenever possible. I really do feel better!
Another thing that always makes me feel better besides writing down my feelings, is creating something that makes me feel good about myself. I have soooo many projects that are on the back burner! I need to get up out of this chair...get myself another cup of coffee, and accomplish something productive to get myself back to where I WANT to be!

The best part about feeling down is that after all those feelings are done, the only place to go from there is up!

I know that I am already on my way to feeling better and having a productive day!

Gina

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did have that day yesterday. You wrote about it much better than I did. Thanks for sharing. We are not along. It does help a little knowing doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete